Looking back on any significant event always gives us greater awareness and appreciation for the past experience. The same is true with the children's celebration of Eucharist. Through the reflection on the experience and rituals in the liturgy, we are able to clarify and extend the meaning of the celebration of the sacrament. In this way, we come to a deeper participation in the mystery we have celebrated and are better prepared to live a life of faithfulness to Christ. Therefore, following the celebration of the rite, take some time together to discuss their recollections with the youngsters using these or similar questions.
- What do you remember about the celebration of the sacrament?
- When you picture the celebration in your mind, what was most special to you?
- How did you feel?
- What does this experience tell you about God?
- What does this experience tell you about Jesus?
- What does this experience tell you about the Holy Spirit?
- Now that you have celebrated first communion, how will you act differently?